The Flat Wall Auto Tank Vacuum (TAVK03) saves you on tank cleaning costs and increases your tank water quality by automatically drawing sediment off the floor of your tank whenever it overflows. This model is suitable for poly and steel tanks where the overflow is on a flat surface.
Install and Forget
The patented Auto Tank Vacuum can be easily attached to your overflow outlets. It automatically draws sediment off the bottom of your tank and removes it through your overflows, making the entire system simple, effective and virtually maintenance-free.
Save on Tank Cleaning Costs
Because it automatically draws sediment off the bottom of your tank, the Auto Tank Vacuum helps you save money by cutting the cost of regular tank cleaning and frequent filter cartridge replacement.
Increase Tank Water Quality
The Auto Tank Vacuum plays an important role in preserving the quality of the rainwater you collect by drawing out heavy metals, bacteria and other fine sediments that have settled on your tank floor so they cannot be stirred and resuspended.
Tank Vacuum Box Includes
- 90 Degree Flanged Elbow w/ Anti-Syphon Vent
- 90mm Threaded Upper Coupling
- 90mm Threaded Toothed Coupling
Tank Vacuum Installation (Flat Wall)
- Your Automatic Tank Vacuum can be installed in both empty rainwater tanks and tanks with water in them.
- To determine the appropriate length for your tank vacuum pipe, put the 90 degree flanged elbow against your tank overflow outlet, place the toothed coupling at the base of your rainwater tank, and measure the distance between them.
- Cut a length of 90mm UPVC pipe to match the measurement you took for the suction riser.
- Apply solvent weld glue to the threaded socket of your toothed and plain coupling and both ends of the suction riser pipe then push together holding until the glue sets.
- Using the 90 degree flanged elbow and the plain coupling end of the suction riser, apply solvent weld glue to both, push together and hold until the glue sets.
- Remove the existing tank overflow outlet from your tank and clean around the flange contact surface.
- Insert the assembled Automatic Tank Vacuum through the overflow hole, swinging it down into place once the elbow is through the hole.
- Apply silicone to the flange and use screws to secure it to the tank.
- You may wish to consider installing an insect-proof flap valve and Leaf Catcha or Air Gap at the outlet. This will prevent pests from entering your tank via the tank vacuum and will also complement the anti-syphon vent to further prevent syphoning.