This policy sets out certain product guarantees, remedies and return conditions that Tank Shop (“we”, “us”, “our”) provide to you as original purchaser.
We guarantee to you that products sold will be of acceptable quality unless otherwise communicated. Acceptable quality means:
- safe, lasting, with no faults
- function according to how someone would reasonably expect them to.
We further guarantee that products purchased will:
- match the description advertised on our website.
- match the product model ordered.
- be fit for their intended purpose.
- come with full title and ownership.
- not carry any hidden debts or extra charges.
- come with undisturbed possession, so no one has a right to take the goods away or prevent you from using them.
- include manufacturer warranties, guarantees and associated terms.
These guarantees on products also apply to bundled products and sale items.
Repair, Replacement or Refund
Remediation will be available when a purchased product is confirmed as failing to meet any product guarantees.
The remedy provided will be in the form of either a repair, replacement or refund. Which one you are entitled to will depend upon whether the issue is major or minor as defined in Australian Consumer Law.
If the problem is minor, we will at our discretion organise either:
- a free repair within a reasonable period of time
- replacement of product, or
If the problem is major, then you will receive either a replacement or refund. A product has a major problem when:
- it has a problem that would have stopped you from buying it had you known about it
- it is significantly different from the description advertised
- it is substantially unfit for its common purpose and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time
- it doesn’t do what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time; or
- it is unsafe.
When issuing a refund, we and/or our suppliers may take into account how much time has passed since you bought the product considering the following factors:
- type of product purchased
- how the product was likely used
- the length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used
- the amount of use it could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable.
While we will attempt to help you should a product need to be remedied, however you may also choose to approach the manuafacturer directly. While the manufacturer may at their discretion choose to repair or replace your product, according to current Australian consumer laws, you are only entitled to recover costs from them. This may include an amount for reduction in the product’s value and in some cases compensation for damages or loss.
No refund or remedy will be provided if:
- you change your mind about your purchased product
- you knew of or were made aware of any defects or faults before accepting the product
- the defect or fault is caused by you or any other person (other than us)
- you asked for a service to be performed that caused the problem
- you have already received remedy via another claim
- the product was improperly installed or improperly used
- you ignored our advice or manufacturer instructions
- you do not provide the tax invoice as proof of purchase.
Any claims for incorrect or faulty products must be made within seven (7) days of receipt of delivery. To make claim and ensure it is received, please send us a message using our contact form briefly describing the problem, and then follow up with a call to us on 1300 920 547 (if outside of hours, leave a message stating your name and nature of the problem).
If you receive a product that you believe has a problem, then you are entitled to return the product. You must first contact us for additional instructions and to receive a return authorisation. The associated terms, warranty claims, return process and remedies available may vary depending upon the product type, product size and manufacturer or wholesale supplier.
For newly received goods (within seven days) confirmed to have a problem, you are entitled to receive a refund or replacement. Where no problem is found, any refund amount will be at our discretion, and you may be required to pay for inspection, collection and transport costs that we incur.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you of the outcome and remedies available to you.
Australian Consumer Law may give you rights and remedies which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. This policy should be read subject to that legislation and nothing herein has the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying those rights. For more information visit http://consumerlaw.gov.au/.
Last Updated: 15 June 2018.