This policy sets out certain product guarantees, remedies and return conditions that Tank Shop (“we”, “us”, “our”) provide to you as original purchaser.
We guarantee to you that products sold will be of acceptable quality unless otherwise communicated. Acceptable quality means:
- safe, lasting, with no faults
- function according to how someone would reasonably expect them to.
We further guarantee that products purchased will:
- match the product model ordered.
- be fit for their intended purpose.
- come with full title and ownership.
- not carry any hidden debts or extra charges.
- come with undisturbed possession, so no one has a right to take the goods away or prevent you from using them.
- include manufacturer warranties, guarantees and associated terms.
These guarantees on products also apply to bundled products and sale items.
Repair, Replacement or Refund
Tank Shop does not provide refunds for change of mind purchases. Please read any information and associated product manual carefully, especially with respect to dimensions and sizes. If a product you purchase does not fulfil your intended use, then this will be deemed a change of mind purchase.
Remediation will be available when a purchased product is confirmed as failing to meet any product guarantees. The remedy provided will be in the form of either a repair, replacement or refund. Which one you are entitled to will depend upon whether the issue is major or minor as defined in Australian Consumer Law.
If the problem is minor, we will at our discretion organise either:
- a free repair within a reasonable period of time
- replacement of product, or
- credit or refund (all fees are non-refundable)
If the problem is major, then you are entitled to either a replacement, credit or refund.
When issuing credit or a refund, we and/or our suppliers may take into account how much time has passed since you bought the product considering the following factors:
- type of product purchased
- how the product was likely used
- the length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used
- the amount of use it could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable.
We will attempt to help you should a product need to be remedied, you may also approach the manufacturer directly. The manufacturer may at their discretion choose to repair or replace your product, according to current Australian consumer laws, you are only entitled to recover costs from them. This may include an amount for reduction in the product’s value and in some cases compensation for damages or loss.
No refund or remedy will be provided if:
- you change your mind about your purchased product
- you selected a product in the wrong size or misunderstood how to use/install the product
- you knew of or were made aware of any defects or faults before accepting the product
- the defect or fault is caused by you or any other person (other than us)
- you asked for a service to be performed that caused the problem
- you have already received remedy via another claim
- the product was improperly installed or improperly used
- you ignored our advice or manufacturer instructions
- you do not provide the tax invoice as proof of purchase.
Any claims for incorrect or faulty products must be made within seven (7) days of receipt of delivery. To make claim and ensure it is received, please send us a message using our contact form briefly describing the problem, and then follow up with a call to us on 1300 920 547 (if outside of hours, leave a message stating your name and nature of the problem).
If you receive a product that you believe has a problem, then you may be entitled to a return. You must first contact Tank Shop to review your claim. If you are entitled to a return, we will provide you with additional instructions and to receive a return authorisation. The associated terms, warranty claims, return process and remedies available may vary depending upon the product type, product size and manufacturer or wholesale supplier.
For newly received goods (within seven days) confirmed to have a problem, you are entitled to receive credit, a refund or replacement. Where no problem is found, any credit or refund amount will be at our discretion, and you may be required to pay for inspection, collection, transport costs and/or re-stocking fees.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you of the outcome and remedies available to you.
If your order doesn’t arrive after a reasonable amount of time, please contact us. Rest assured that we will follow up with supplier and/or delivery service and keep you fully informed.
When ordering tank pumps and/or rainwater harvesting accessories, you are able to provide Authority to Leave (ATL) instructions during checkout. This should be a location on your property where the delivery service can safely leave your package should no one be present. Without ATL this, notice of the attempted delivery will be given for packages requiring signing either in the form of a card being left, email, SMS and/or via an online tracking page. Some delivery services allow an additional delivery attempt and we will let you know if that is an option.
We always do our best to facilitate the process of getting orders out in a safe and timely manner, but please note it is also your responsibility to do everything reasonably possible to obtain your items including responding to delivery notices and/or collecting goods from a pickup point. Should a parcel be returned back to us due to a failure on your part to receive or collect a package, you can choose to have us:
- attempt a new delivery at cost to yourself, or
- issue a refund minus the original delivery cost, transaction fees and supplier re-stocking fees.
Australian Consumer Law may give you rights and remedies which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. This policy should be read subject to that legislation and nothing herein has the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying those rights. For more information visit http://consumerlaw.gov.au/.
Last Updated: 28 November 2022.