The Maelstrom (RHML01) by Blue Mountain Co, also known as Rain Harvesting, is an innovative pre-tank rainwater filter that combines super-fine filtration and super-high water catchment efficiency to give you cleaner rainwater and more of it.
Features and Benefits
- Cleaner water – Maelstrom ultra-fine secondary filter removes particles down to 180 microns – 5 times finer than standard rain heads, tank screens and pre-tank filters. This gives you cleaner, better quality water and lowers the volume of sediment putting pressure on your tank pumps and post-tank filters
- More water, faster -Maelstrom eliminates the problem of water splashing off your tank inlet screen, especially at high flow rates. Its phenomenal water catchment efficiency of 36,000 litres per hour at 96% efficiency (which equates to 10 litres per second) gives you more water, faster, so you can take full advantage of every raindrop.
- Efficient harvesting – Efficiently filtering multiple lines at a single point is a simple way to keep tanks filled to the max.
How the Maelstrom Filter Works
Maelstrom cleans rainwater through three-stages of filtration:
- The primary filter features a 2mm aperture to filter out leaves and large debris.
- The second sleeve features a 180 micron fine filter stops the finer particles.
- The final 0.955mm screen prevents mosquitoes from entering the tank.
Installing the Maelstrom Filter
Maelstrom is easy to install and low maintenance.
In can be installed on new or old rainwater systems – either on top of the rainwater tank, in-tank, wall mounted or in an underground stormwater pit.
Maelstrom is versitile and suitable for all kinds of properties:
- remote areas and farms
- sustainable homes/green buildings
- transport hubs.