The Maelstrom by Rain Harvesting is an innovative pre-tank rainwater filter that combines combines super-fine filtration and super-high water catchment efficiency to give you cleaner rainwater and more of it.
Features and Benefits
- Cleaner water – Maelstrom ultra-fine secondary filter removes particles down to 180 microns – 5 times finer than standard rain heads, tank screens and pre-tank filters. This gives you cleaner, better quality water and lowers the volume of sediment putting pressure on your tank pumps and post-tank filters
- More water, faster -Maelstrom eliminates the problem of water splashing off your tank inlet screen, especially at high flow rates. Its phenomenal water catchment efficiency (96% at 3,600 litres/hour in wet systems) gives you more water, faster, so you can take full advantage of every raindrop.
- Efficient harvesting – Efficiently filtering multiple lines at a single point is a simple way to keep tanks filled to the max.
How the Maelstrom Filter Works
Maelstrom cleans rainwater through three-stages of filtration:
- The primary filter features a 2mm aperture to filter out leaves and large debris.
- The second sleeve features a 180 micron fine filter stops the finer particles.
- The final 0.955mm screen prevents mosquitoes from entering the tank.
Even at rapid flow rates of 36,000L/hr (10L/sec), the Maelstrom retains at least 88% water catchment efficiency.
Installing the Maelstrom Filter
Maelstrom is easy to install and low maintenance.
In can be installed on new or old rainwater systems – either on top of the rainwater tank, in-tank, wall mounted or in an underground stormwater pit.
Maelstrom is versitile and suitable for all kinds of properties:
- remote areas and farms
- sustainable homes/green buildings
- transport hubs.