The Sliding Gate Valve is a versitle device that allows you to easily shut off downpipe water flow and control the movement of water.
Sliding Gate Valve Features
- Suitable for low pressure applications (pressure rated to 210kPa)
- Can be used as a fire safety device to keep water where you need it
- Manufactured from UV stabilised PVC and chemical resistant polypropylene with stainless steel nuts and bolts
- Can be used as a wet system drain valve on rain harvesting systems
- Simple, hand-operated sliding gate shuts off water flow
- 90mm female fit
Installing Sliding Gate Valve
- Select your desired installation point. The Sliding Gate Valve can be installed in the vertical and horizontal position.
- Measure and remove a 24mm section of pipe at your desired installation point. Ensure all cut edges are clean and smooth.
- Use priming fluid to clean inside the sockets of the Sliding Gate Valve and outside of the pipes you will be gluing the valve to.
- Apply solvent weld glue first to inside the sockets of the Sliding Gate Valve and then to the outside of the pipes, bring together and ensure pipes are inserted fully into the sockets of the Sliding Gate Valve. Hold for a minimum of 60 seconds or until secure.