Downpipe First Flush Water Diverter 100mm (Rain Harvesting)
Downpipe First Flush Water Diverters improve water quality and reduce tank maintenance by preventing the first flush of water, which may contain roof contaminants, from entering the tank. They help ensure cleaner water is available for use, which protects rainwater pumps and internal household appliances such as clothes washing machines, toilets, hot water systems, etc.
These kits come in 90mm, 100mm and a commercial 150mm size, and are installed at each downpipe that supplies water to the tank. They utilise a dependable ball and seat system – a simple automatic system that does not rely on mechanical parts or manual intervention. As the water level rises in the diverter chamber, the ball floats, and once the chamber is full, the ball rests on a seat inside the diverter chamber preventing any further water entering the diverter. The subsequent flow of water is then automatically directed along the pipe system to the tank.
Features and Benefits
- Prevents sediment, bird droppings, spiders, insects, mosquito eggs and debris from entering the rainwater tank.
- Improves water quality, protects pumps and internal appliances.
- Ideal to use in conjunction with a rain head.
- Easy installation, just add pipe and glue.
- No mechanical parts.
- Low maintenance requirements.
|Accessory Brand||Rain Harvesting|
|📹 YouTube Video||About First Flush Water Diverters, How to Install and Maintain First Flush Water Diverters|